Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cafe Time

When I first started "working from home," I would trot to a local cafe with free Wi-Fi, order a latte and scone, plop myself onto a stool, plug in, and write. I found the chatter of other people peaceful. That is, until one day, I looked up to see about twenty people aglow from their screens, all plugged in, doing their work. I wondered what the cafe's electric bill looked like and then drew this picture. The resolution isn't great but the sign on the vacant seat says "out to lunch."
Why so many people oppose cubicles but will choose a cafe is, possibly, one of life's little mysteries...




2 comments:

  1. Trot to the local cafe, order a latte and scone, plop yourself onto a stool, and write another blog post for godsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trot to the local cafe, order a latte and scone, plop yourself onto a stool, and write another blog post for godsakes.

    ReplyDelete