Friday, February 27, 2009

Franz and Elemenopeo

Since no quality puppet show is complete without its puppets, I thought I'd introduce two of the puppets: On the left is Elemenopeo, (name originated from this book) and Franz. Franz has played the narrator in the Princess play and Billy in Star Wars. He's really French but does a great american accent. Elemenopeo has mostly played himself -- a nervous hypochondriac with Jewish tendencies (oy, vey!).

Ella, Elemenopeo, Franz in "PrinElla"
When we last left the Princess, she had discovered that her treasure had been stolen. After solving a riddle, she (and the audience) make their way to the secret hiding place (through an obstacle course). In the hiding place, they discover that it is guarded by a very scary dragon.
"Roooaaaarrrr!" But then, “Cough, cough, cough,” Elemenopeo hacks.
"Are you okay?" The princess asks.
“OY VEY!" He bellows, "I have a terrible cold. Terrible! It has me laid out in bed flat as a pancake - if you could call this cold, damp floor a bed. And the fever…OY! I can’t take it. Not to mention that I was told by my evil twin, cousin on my mother’s husband’s brother’s side, that I was to sit here in this dark cave and guard his treasure while he did stuff like shopping and eating chocolate..."

1 comment: